- Specializing in Palm Desert, Indian Wells, La Quinta and Rancho Mirage
- Born and raised in Los Angeles, California
- BA Degree from the University of California, Berkeley
- Married to William K. Hobin, real estate executive since 1962
- Raised 4 children
- Designed, built and sold energy efficient housing in Stockton, California
- Top Producer for Prudential California Realty since 1998 and now with Bennion Deville Homes
Joan was born and raised in Los Angeles, California and graduated from UC Berkeley where she met her husband Bill. They lived in Stockton, California where Bill owned a third generation real estate business. After raising four children, volunteering for a multitude of organizations and taking the family on a year long adventure through 22 countries, Joan became involved in alternative energy and designed and built passive solar homes under the PG&E Suntherm Program.
In 1987, they moved to Laguna Beach where Joan again worked in the alternative energy industry. Because of strong ties to the Palm Desert area, Joan and Bill moved to the desert in 1996. Joan became a Realtor with Prudential California Realty and Bill joined the marketing team at “The Reserve Club”, a golf development in Indian Wells and South Palm Desert. Joan is now with Bennion Deville Homes. Golf and bridge are Joan’s passions along with volunteering at The Living Desert and St. Margaret’s Episcopal Church.
Joan believes that every country club and every area has its own personality and finding the right one for you is what she does best.